Big Data Federation tackles complex financial and economic problems. We apply machine-learning technologies to our mass data to generate predictions and signals for our asset management subsidiary. Our team comprises a group of technologists, mathematicians, data scientists, industry analysts, economists, and programmers. The company was incorporated in 2015, is headquartered in San Jose, California and has an European office in Moldova. We are backed by one of the world’s largest venture capital firms.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to play a key role in operating our cloud infrastructure and applications. The ideal candidate should have both development and operational experience, and be passionate about automating operational processes and managing critical systems with zero downtime. You will maintain the existing infrastructure and add new functions. You’ will work across multiple teams from application engineers to platform engineers and data scientists to automate the deployment, configuration and management of cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Plan and deploy high availability solutions for DevOps services
- Install, configure manage and extend a variety of software systems including software for version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment, performance data collection and analysis, systems monitoring and more
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Monitor and improve operations performance and stability
- Investigate failures, fix them and execute root-cause analysis
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration and verification of complex software systems
- Work closely with developers to tailor tools and solutions for rapidly evolving needs
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies or services to maximize operations efficiency and reliability
- Demonstrated success deploying and scaling high traffic services in AWS (AMI’s, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, VPC, RedShift, Network Routing/ACL’s, ELB)
- Expert networking knowledge and ability to mainain various server web server software (NGINX, OpenResty, Apache etc.)
- Experience implementing and managing CI/CD with Jenkins, Docker and AWS ECS clusters
- Experience with writing Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience with cloud monitoring technologies including AWS CloudWatch, Grafana or Nagios
- Extremely comfortable with Linux, shell-scripting, and git
- Extremely comfortable with Python as a crucial tool for automation
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud would be a plus
- Experiences with Mesosphere DC/OS would be a plus
- Experience with other languages: JS, Go, Lua, Ruby would be a plus
- Thrive in a startup/fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of experience
Competitive salary; Stock options; Health benefits: medical, vision, and dental; Paid time off; Life insurance; Short- and long-term disability.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].