Big Data Federation tackles complex financial and economic problems. We apply machine-learning technologies to our mass data to generate predictions and signals for our asset management subsidiary. Our team comprises a group of technologists, mathematicians, data scientists, industry analysts, economists, and programmers. The company was incorporated in 2015, is headquartered in San Jose, California and has an European office in Moldova. We are backed by one of the world’s largest venture capital firms.
This is an exciting role in which Silicon Valley meets Wall Street. You will play a key role in bringing technological innovation to the financial industry. In particular you will use your finely honed mathematical, computer science, and coding skills to create data-driven investment strategies and novel trading opportunities for our asset management firm. We particularly welcome passionate, data-oriented candidates eager to learn new skills, and mentor their colleagues in areas where they themselves excel.
- Collaborate with researchers to provide insights in data
- Do statistical analysis to figure out leading indicators to market
- Visualize and explore data to figure out patterns and create new predictive features
- Develop data science infrastructure tooling such as proprietary R packages
- Use modeling techniques with finance intuition to advance existing quantitative and fundamental strategies and introduce new opportunities
- Backtest trading strategies
- Collaborate with software engineers to handle data/prediction ingestions and deploy models
- Solid background in statistics and mathematics
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data analysis and fundamental machine-learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience highlighting innovation, creativity, and intuition
- Proficient in R (preferred), or Python, and their respective library ecosystems
- Familiar with financial analytics, time series econometrics, and trading strategies
- Able to mentor junior data scientists through code reviews and best practices
- Ability to multitask with attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
PhD/Master’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, like math, statistics, science, engineering, with 2+ years of applied data analysis and prediction experience.
Competitive salary; stock options; health benefits; paid time off; short- and long-term disability life insurance.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].